To be able to understand the process of verifying death, and the responsibilities and roles of people involved.Learning Outcomes
- Understand the procedure and law for verifying death.
- Know what happens when a death is unexpected.
- Recognise the lessons that can be learned from the shipman inquiry.
- Know who can verify death, and the pre-procedure
- Recognise the signs that death has occurred, and how to check for these.
- Understand your role after the death of a patient.
- Be aware of the wide range of religious practices surrounding the death of a loved one.
- Know how to support the staff in the event of the death of a patient.